Can't get my Konica-Minolta mc2300DL to print

Robert N. Eaton moth28 at cox.net
Thu Jul 20 14:38:50 MST 2006

Thanks to Alandd for the kind response.

I don't know how many times I installed, removed and re-installed my
K-M-magicolor2300DL.  On the second to last install I noticed a "Have
.PPD" button (I often have a great grasp of the obvious).   I did a
"locate" search for .ppd, and found nothing referring to the
Konica-Minolta mc2300DL. At www.linuxprinting.org/data... I found and
downloaded the proper .ppp file, reinstalled the printer, and when I
pushed the "Have PPD" button, I told the installer where to find the file.

When I gave the printer something to print it was like, "Oh!! Why didn't
you say so.  Allllrighty, then, let's print!."

Gimp still gives me page after page after page after page of unreadable
code, but that's a problem for another day.  I'm just glad I can get the
thing to print from digital-camera and image-view.

Bob Eaton