Save a disk image

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Jan 29 14:00:34 MST 2006

I have an older laptop running debian. I need to convert it to a Windows PC
for a couple of months. However, I want to put it back to its current debian
configuration when I am done. I would rather not have to through the debian
netinstall again and set everything up.

How do I copy the hard drive (2.1 GB) to my backup server so I can restore it
later when I dump the Windows stuff? How do I do the restore? I have a new
180GB hard drive on my backup server that I can mount with nfs.

I don't have enough room on the laptop hard drive to make a partition for
Windows.

Thanks!

--
Mark Phillips