Ndiswrapper problems

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 22:40:20 MST 2006

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz,
> is a Prism GT. It's a
> USB adapter (Linksys WUSB54GV2), and I've got it to
> work fine under Linux
> before. I configure it to use DHCP, and I have no
> WEP key. Basically I just
> install the driver and configure it either with a
> graphical program (such as
> the network configuration in Ubuntu) or iwconfig.
> I'm using DSL 1.2. I don't
> know how to find the version number of ndiswrapper,
> so if you know how, let
> me know.
> I've heard of other people having this problem, so I
> know I'm not the only
> one.

Sounds like you  got a couple things going against
you. First is USB. Some distros do a better job with
the udb wifi, but not all do well with them.

Second is the 2.4 kernel. I seem to recall reading
something about needing a kernel patch. I could be
totally wrong... that was a while ago and I'm still
new to linux.

I have a suspicion that those two are working against
you. Hopefully someone else here can be more helpful.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109
  http://counter.li.org/