Ndiswrapper problems

Cat koolkat2500 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:32:29 MST 2006

The computer I'm posting from is a Dell Dimension 4600 w/ an Pentium 4, 2.6
ghz & hyperthreading. I'm posting this from XP but I'm dual-booting with
Ubuntu 5.10. The adapter works fine on Ubuntu. Ubuntu's kernel is 2.6.12 and
DSL's is 2.4.26. The chipset for the adapter is, according to
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz, is a Prism GT. It's a
USB adapter (Linksys WUSB54GV2), and I've got it to work fine under Linux
before. I configure it to use DHCP, and I have no WEP key. Basically I just
install the driver and configure it either with a graphical program (such as
the network configuration in Ubuntu) or iwconfig. I'm using DSL 1.2. I don't
know how to find the version number of ndiswrapper, so if you know how, let
me know.
I've heard of other people having this problem, so I know I'm not the only
one.