Linux presentation in east Mesa

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jan 12 00:00:02 MST 2006

Am 11. Jan, 2006 schwätzte Jerry Davis so:

> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 05:33 pm, der.hans wrote:
>> moin, moin,
>>
>> I got the following from someone else:
>>
>> ###
>> I have had a request from the Mesa Senior Center to present information
>> on Linux and linux programs that can be use to a Mesa Computer Club on the
>> 16th of January.  I have been trying to reach you and Alan to see if you
>> could come and do a presentation with me on Linux OS for this group.  As
>> far as I know they are living in a senior park on Elsworth just south of
>> Baseline in Mesa and they are planning for Linux to be their subject of
>> interest for a meeting scheduled 16th of January from about 7:00 pm until
>> 9:00 pm.  The contact point is Richard Nash at the Mesa Senior Center.
>> ###
>>
>> If you're interested in giving a presentation next week please let me know
>> and I'll put you in contact with the person who made the request of me.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>
> is there going to be a decent projector there? so, a demo can be done.

I don't know. Hopefully we can find out tomorrow night.

> if not, it is not going to be much of a presentation.

Well, an explanation of GNU/Linux as a desktop platform would still be
good.

ciao,

der.hans

> at the current time, i don't have anything to do monday night. but I must of a
> good projector. one capable of 1024 x 800 would be best.
>
> jerry
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "The reasons for my decision to quit were myriad, but central to the
#  decision was the realization that there are two kinds of companies:
#  Good ones ask you to think for them.
#  The others tell you to think like them." -- Benjy Feen