?: Cox vs QWEST

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Mon Feb 13 18:37:19 MST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Mark Jarvis wrote:
> 3) QWEST promises download speed of 1+ MByte/sec. (This doesn't
> sound correct to me--I thought that DSL was slower, but . . .)

That doesn't sound right.  Maybe 1MBit/s or so would be more likely.
I don't think I've ever seen any network throughput advertised in
megabytes per second.  Cox is typically thought of as the faster
service and I think it offers 5 MBit/s.  1 MByte/s would be
(roughly!) 8 MBit/s.

Hrm.. now that I think of it, Cox bumped their download speed a few
months back.  I wonder if they are more than 8 MBit/s these days.  I
do know that my downloads have been noticeably faster.  In the past,
I was happy with 450KByte/s but now I often get over 600KByte/s

Kurt