Mailing List Issues and Questions

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Thu Feb 9 14:28:45 MST 2006

I have our Little League website at Deru. I imported our 880+ registered
players/families into mailman (provided by Deru as part of our account) and
have been trying to send email to our members.

We are seeing delays of several days to a week on the delivery of our email to
this list. The list is configured as an announce only list. I have been
working with their support folks blasting out test messages to our members.
So far, they have not found a way to cure the problem. The email headers seem
to show that the messages are being held up within the Deru network. I have
test accounts within the list for cox, yahoo and hotmail. All three ISPs are
experiencing these delays. (At first Deru told me it was on the receiving
end, but now they are saying they are working on their servers).

For those of you who have experience with mailman, is this type of behavior
common? Again, from the headers on the messages that come through, the slow
down seems to occur after the message leaves our server and before it leaves
Deru.

For those who have had experience with Deru, am I wasting my time and should I
be looking for another hosting service? So far, their technical folks have
been responsive, but have not been able to solve the problem.

Any suggestions along the lines of how to fix this problem would be greatly
appreciated!

--
Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc