apt-get not working getting an error installing just about any package

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Feb 13 12:00:30 MST 2006

Am 13. Feb, 2006 schwätzte Anthony so:

> Update your /etc/apt/sources.list to point to the Sarge repositories,
> and do "apt-get dist-upgrade".

Oooh, yes, do a dist-upgrade rather than just an upgrade. Sorry about
that.

Actually, if one still gives you the error try the other :).

ciao,

der.hans

> For a lengthier way of making sure you cover your bases, see this -
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html
>

> Anthony
>
> On 2/12/06, Jim B <elemint at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What would the most straight forward way under my current Debian system to
>> upgrade to sarge?
>>

>> Jim
>>

>> On 2/10/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>>> Am 10. Feb, 2006 schwätzte Jim B so:

>>> That bug report I pointed out said that you should move to sarge first,
>>> then move to testing or unstable if you need to. As always, stay with
>>> stable if you can.

>>> The bug report responses made it seem like going to stable will fix that
>>> error.
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>>
>>> der.hans

>> bad,
>> option.

>> stay
>> of

>> essential

>> irc

>> and

>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=325834.

>>> --
>>> #   https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
>>> #  Join the League of Professional System Administrators!
>> https://LOPSA.org/
>>> #  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)
>>> #  -- Kevin Buettner

#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans