Seeking PLUG new website input

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:49:01 MST 2006

On 12/28/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 18. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:
>
> moin moin,
>
> here's he message Alan just alluded to.
>
> Please let us know if there are any features you'd like to see in the PLUG
> web site.
>
> I want to thank Alan for working on the site for us for a long time. I
> also want to thank the web dev team that's started for the suggestions
> they've made so far and for the help they're about to provide :).
>
> > As announced at the East Side Meeting, we have started a project to
> > improve PLUG's online infrastructure.  We are starting with the website.
> > Several people on the plug-webdev email list are actively participating
> > directly in this effort.
>
> > We now need your input and participation!
> >
> > What do you want the PLUG website to have?  What features do you like in
> > the current site and what would you add?  What would you do different?
> > Everything is game: major features, layout, colors, etc.
> >
> > Please keep it as a generic feature discussion as opposed to specific
> > content engines.  For example, you might suggest "online forums" but not
> > "Use Super Duper Forum Maker"  We are looking for feature descriptions
>
> Feel free to list important features of 'Super Duper Forum Maker'.
>
> > which will translate to requirements.  We will then go hunting for the
> > content management system or pieces to fulfill the requirements.
> > Providing examples of sites with the feature or features you like is
> > very appropriate.
> >
> > Just post your responses in this thread.  If you'd like just lurk or
> > even join in the actual effort, pleased subscribe to the plug-webdev
> > email list: http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-webdev
>
> Alan's planning on putting the feature requests into a list this weekend,
> so speak up now.
>
> If you've got feature requests for other PLUG services please let us know,
> but start a different thread :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Join the League of Professional System Administrators
> https://LOPSA.org/
> #  "so now the US army is sacrificing goats" -- Alice Cooper, 15Sep2004

OK, the poster who recommended ikiwiki was getting sorta specific.
However (my personal 0.02), in general I would say that any wiki tends
to be very user friendly and easy to learn.  (somewhat WYSI WYG);
   That does not necessarily mean we'd have to "get rid of" some of
the other stuff, like the archives of this list (and other lists);  but
maybe we could keep those, and add a wiki ("iki" or otherwise).
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org