Image Viewer Printing

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 19:16:10 MST 2006

--- Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> This evening I took a window shot (using Alt-PrtScr
> in ubuntu).  I
> saved it to the desktop which made a .png file.
> When I double
> clicked, it opened in image viewer.  The print
> preview looke fine.  I
> was even impressed that it apparently automatically
> choose landscape
> mode.  I printed it from there to my HP LJ4 which is
> on an XP machine
> (the default printer for the Ubuntu box), but it
> came out as a totally
> BLACK page and I have no idea why.  Any ideas?
>
> BTW, I then loaded Open office writer and inserted
> picture from file
> (same screenshot file) and printed it to the same
> printer and it came
> out fine.
>
> --
////////////////////

Maybe way off base, but have you since opened it with
a viewer that allows saving in say .jpg such as gimp
or...? And then seeing if the jpg prints okay?  Might
be the print driver for that unit doesn't support that
format...png.

I am running a totally diff distro and do experience
some 'funny bunnies' that way at times.

ed

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.