Deru

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Wed Aug 9 17:00:34 MST 2006

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:24:41PM -0700, der.hans wrote:

> Like Deutsche Telekom, if you've used Qwest, you've had bad experiences
> with Qwest.

I suppose since Qwest bought USWest that it's no longer funny, but I
always liked, "USWorst: Life's Bitter Here."

> There are off and on rumors of ways to only pay for a DSL connection and
> not pay Qwest for a phone line. I'm not sure how to do that. Qwest has
> told me that such a thing is possible, but I've heard several people say
> Qwest won't let them do it, even if it is possible.

I've never heard that. What I do know is that I have Qwest with some
kind of basic package that offers no email, no web site, no nothing
except they put me on the internet. Others have reported that Qwest
tells them there is no such service. I have ADSL, and the options are
different if you have VDSL.

Before I went that route I checked out various providers and Deru is
competitive on price, and I haven't heard a single bad thing about their
service (but a lot of good things).

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |