Deru

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Wed Aug 9 17:14:14 MST 2006

Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:24:41PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
>> There are off and on rumors of ways to only pay for a DSL connection and
>> not pay Qwest for a phone line. I'm not sure how to do that. Qwest has
>> told me that such a thing is possible, but I've heard several people say
>> Qwest won't let them do it, even if it is possible.
>
> I've never heard that. What I do know is that I have Qwest with some
> kind of basic package that offers no email, no web site, no nothing
> except they put me on the internet. Others have reported that Qwest
> tells them there is no such service. I have ADSL, and the options are
> different if you have VDSL.

I have Qwest VDSL with digital TV, and no phone service. The way it worked
for me was that I had to have the phone service initially, then was
'allowed' to drop it after a short (couple months) period of time. That's
how it worked for me anywise. It's been about 3 years since. I've had no
problems. Their onsite techs (I moved a year ago) were actually quite good.

Seems like they change offerings from one month to the next, and as a result
don't seem to know what's going on at times. IMHO

--
-Eric 'shubes'