looking for ecommerce kit

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 14:14:56 MST 2006

GoDaddy used to have a shopping cart app.  Little pricey .... But I can say they do give better than average service.

It is not entirely turn key however they do have all the products such as SSL certs and Merchant accounts that can be plugged in which makes it a one stop shop.  Much better than say oscommerce.

Keith

Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote: On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 13:02 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>    I volunteered to help a friend get his ecommerce
> site started, but I don't have free time to play
> around with it or write a custom site. I originally
> picked one based on asp.net, but it takes more work
> than I have time to get it usable for him.
----
no good deed goes unpunished...I think all 'e-commerce' packages are
going to fall into this category
----

>    Can anyone recomend a kit that is easy for a
> less-savy person to use and is quick to set up? It
> needs to be ready to take orders and collect payment.
> If not, then the second choise is to get a kit to
> allow him to market his product online.
----
Have him sign up on a virtual web host system that is set up to provide
all of this for him - pick a template and run with it.

e-commerce doesn't just work with a casual administrative effort since
there are so many disciplines involved, necessary to stay on top of for
security risks and when it comes down to it, choosing from a template is
never going to give you the feel of a custom web site anyway. Then you
have to deal with SSL Certificates, regulations on storing credit card
information, agreement with banks/paypal/etc. for handling credit card
transactions and if you're not willing to make the commitment to the
time and energy to do it, use a web host that will do it all for you
(i.e. godaddy.com)

Craig

Keith Smith
Improved Search Engine Ranking