Bash Can't see aliases file

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Apr 6 17:13:40 MST 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, John Wheat wrote:

> I also get an error about line 10 in /etc/fstab being bad and I cannot figure
> that one out either.
>
> john at BOX:~$ cat /etc/fstab
> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
> #
> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> /dev/hdb1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
> /dev/hdb6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
> #/dev/hda1       /media/hda1     ntfs    defaults        0       0
> #/dev/hda5       /media/hda5     ntfs    defaults        0       0
> #/dev/hda6       /media/hda6     ntfs    defaults        0       0
> /dev/hdb7       /media/windows  vfat    iocharset=utf8  umask=000      0
> 0/dev/hdb5       none            swap    sw              0       0
> /dev/hdd        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom1   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
> /dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0
>
> the zero for fsck pass gets wrapped it does not appear in front of /dev/hda5
> in the actual /etc/fstab.

That line is the error. If it is wrapped then that line is too long and
has too many fields. Edit the file and insert a newline before the
"/dev/hdb5".

As for your bash error, I don't know with the information I have.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'