Bash Can't see aliases file

John Wheat wisdom04 at cableaz.com
Thu Apr 6 17:05:37 MST 2006

# Alias definitions.
# You may want to put all your additions into a separate file like
#~/.bash_aliases, instead of adding them here directly.
# See /usr/share/doc/bash-doc/examples in the bash-doc package.

if [ -f ~/.bash_aliases ]; then
     . ~/.bash_aliases

-rw-r--r--  1 john john 325 2006-04-06 16:13 .bash_aliases

I do not need them read interactively. I use an alias to mount a fat32
partition when I need to read or write to it.

I also get an error about line 10 in /etc/fstab being bad and I cannot
figure that one out either.

john at BOX:~$ cat /etc/fstab
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdb1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
/dev/hdb6       /home           ext3    defaults        0       2
#/dev/hda1       /media/hda1     ntfs    defaults        0       0
#/dev/hda5       /media/hda5     ntfs    defaults        0       0
#/dev/hda6       /media/hda6     ntfs    defaults        0       0
/dev/hdb7       /media/windows  vfat    iocharset=utf8  umask=000      0
       0/dev/hdb5       none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/hdd        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/dev/hdc        /media/cdrom1   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0
/dev/fd0        /media/floppy0  auto    rw,user,noauto  0       0

the zero for fsck pass gets wrapped it does not appear in front of
/dev/hda5 in the actual /etc/fstab.