Installed SUSE 9.3 w/ 15" LCD, then swapped to 17" LCD... res limited to 1024x

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 23:35:15 MST 2005

For sure, you want to see if there's a graphical setup utility first.  I've
never found one that would set up a working configuration, but others have
better luck.

This is no help for you now, but if you make a copy of your working config
file before messing with things, you can at least get back to where you were.

What error do you get if you type startx at the prompt?  Have you had a look
in the X log file.  This is probably distro-dependent but on my system its
/var/log/Xorg.0.log  this will be very big, but if you post anything that
looks like errors, maybe someone can help.  I would take a look at the config
file if you want to mail it to me, although I'm no expert.