finance software

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Wed Oct 26 10:26:28 MST 2005

Dragos Neagu wrote:

>I'm looking for something to help me take care of my personal
>finances.  I've used gnucash before but on ubuntu it wants like 45
>other packages :-p  What do you guys use/recommend?
>--
>-Dragos Neagu <><
>"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on
>the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton
>"Open source is like science, closed source is like witchcraft" - Linus Torvalds

I'm testing kmymoney right now. So far I like it but it doesn't do
reports etc..  Moneydance is great for personal finance but it isn't
open source so I keep looking for an alternative. Checkbook tracker
keeps getting better and better. Quicken and M$ Money both work with
crossover office. GnuCash was great for my business (before I needed
multi users) but I didn't like it for personal finance.