finance software

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Oct 26 15:23:16 MST 2005

Dragos Neagu wrote:
> I'm looking for something to help me take care of my personal
> finances.  I've used gnucash before but on ubuntu it wants like 45
> other packages :-p  What do you guys use/recommend?

I use GNUCash and just download the 45 packages :(  It seems like
GNUCash doesn't have a good development methodology overall (too many
dependencies, too many custom widgets), but I haven't found anything
better.  I'd love to have a GTK+ 2 piece of financial software that was
much cleaner.  I keep hoping that GNUCash will morph into that, but
they're already on GTK+ 2.8 and GNUCash still hasn't made the switch.

		--Ted