acquiring digital music

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Oct 6 09:27:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Josh Coffman wrote:

>   I make a reasonable effort to be license compliant.
> When I was windows only, buying and buring music
> online wasn't a problem. Other than the stupid
> limitations that it. Now that I'm mostly linux at
> home, what do I do? I like to burn my own audio or mp3
> cd's. Can someone offer some suggestions about
> acquiring music usable & burnable under linux?
>
>   I am familiar with limewire. Not so lucky with
> other p2p under linux so far.

You may want to try http://www.allofmp3.com/  (click on English).
I have not used it, but I have heard about it.

I also have had troubles with those Walmart music downloads. One way is to
play on a Windows box and burn to CD. The CD can then be ripped and used
anywhere.

We also received several coupons for over twenty song downloads from Sony.
But they have some proprietary Windows interface. I don't have or want to
use Windows :)

  Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/