acquiring digital music

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:42:53 MST 2005

I use allofmp3.com, it's great.  You have several selections of
encodings when you buy, which is very cool.  I almost always buy with
the highest MP3 encoding so it's almost completely lossless.

I've done the whole Sony SonicStage thing in order to download the God
of War soundtrack that you get free if you purchase the Playstation 2
game.  It's so video and cpu intensive that even under VMWare I
couldn't do it without waiting for half a day.  I ended up using a
Windows laptop to do it, and it was still slow.... like, worse than
java slow.....

On 10/6/05, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:

> You may want to try http://www.allofmp3.com/  (click on English).
> I have not used it, but I have heard about it.
>
> I also have had troubles with those Walmart music downloads. One way is to
> play on a Windows box and burn to CD. The CD can then be ripped and used
> anywhere.
>
> We also received several coupons for over twenty song downloads from Sony.
> But they have some proprietary Windows interface. I don't have or want to
> use Windows :)
>
>   Jeremy C. Reed
>
>                          technical support & remote administration
>                          http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/

-----
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a
vacuum. -- Arthur C. Clarke