acquiring digital music

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 09:19:50 MST 2005

I've used giFT myself, it has plugins for several P2P networks.
There is also a cool little console app called giFTcurs that you can
use with it.
There is (was?) a java-based client for Limewire under Linux.  I used
to use it years ago.

Basically you just have to get music into a WAV format and then it's
burnable.  How you do that is the journey :D

On 10/6/05, Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I make a reasonable effort to be license compliant.
> When I was windows only, buying and buring music
> online wasn't a problem. Other than the stupid
> limitations that it. Now that I'm mostly linux at
> home, what do I do? I like to burn my own audio or mp3
> cd's. Can someone offer some suggestions about
> acquiring music usable & burnable under linux?
>
>    I am familiar with limewire. Not so lucky with
> other p2p under linux so far.
>

> /Sometimes I feel like the village idiot of plug.
>
> -j

-----
There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a
vacuum. -- Arthur C. Clarke