dd anyone?

Bill Jonas bill at billjonas.com
Tue Oct 4 19:14:41 MST 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:19:24PM -0700, Mark Jarvis wrote:
> As I said, the copy of SBM I have is 108K. Floppies are written in 512
> Byte blocks. 108 x 1024 = 216 x 512. Writing only the 108K needed is a
> lot faster than writing the whole floppy.

It won't write the whole disk, though.  Once it runs out of input file,
it'll stop anyway.  The only time I use count=X is when I'm dd'ing from
an infinite source, like /dev/zero.

--
Bill Jonas    *    bill at billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step