OT: new car advice

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 16:17:34 MST 2005

Just remember that when you convert solar into electricity, then use
that electricity to crack H2O, your doing 2 conversions. (and losing
efficiency, big time)
What your saying is plausible, but right now that would require the
backing of a very weathy company.
It's actually far more efficient just to start increasing our
technology in the electric arena when it comes to transportation, and
on the backend convert solar to electricity.  That would eliminate the
double-conversion being done with hydrogen.

Also, one thing to keep in mind, when you perform electrolysis, you
need to use purified water.  It can't have any contaminants in it, or
the electrolysis process is that much less effective.  BUT, on the
flip side, a small dose of sulphuric acid into the purified water
helps with the electrical conductivity.