usenet about to die?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:04:33 MST 2005

The delivery mechanism is fine, it's just that Usenet is not pushed
down everyones throat in todays Internet like the web is.
There are clients out there that thread and do all kinds of nifty
stuff.  Actually easier to use than any of those web-based forums.
But, the one thing that is different between a web-based forum and
Usenet is that each message is an entity unto its own.  On most
forums, it's just text slapped into a database that has a pointer.

I believe easynews has web-based usenet, I used to use easynews a
couple years back!  Great service!