usenet about to die?

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 23:58:27 MST 2005

In a message dated 11/23/2005 11:04:57 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
situationalawareness at gmail.com writes:

>believe easynews has web-based usenet, I used to use easynews a
>couple years back!  Great service!

Web-based Usenet.  :cough: groups.google.com :cough:  Bleah.

My ISP discontinued Usenet in April or so, trying to pawn their
responsibility off on Google.

You add frames or a java "reader" or even navigation links and formatting on
message pages itself... it's clunky and adds significantly to the download.

Standalone Usenet's better cos the CLIENT does all this.  I know, you're all
on 30Mbps DSL and can afford to be inefficient, but I'm on a lousy 44k
connection.

I think you have to make people drool over Usenet, and part of that is making
it pretty and appealing, to win over new users until the substance convinces
the users.