I paid $160.00.......

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Wed Nov 16 13:49:54 MST 2005

Micah DesJardins wrote:

>Honestly you could probably get LVM working from a software
>standpoint, but you would run into problems in terms of controllers
>and power supply.
>
>As far as firewire inputs, the latest (Humax Series) Tivos include
>firewire inputs and a built in DVD recorder for archival.  There is an
>HD version but it's for Direct TV only at this point.
>
>There are all kinds of great hacks out there for increasing storage,
>adding ethernet support, web based control, logs, extracting Tivo
>video for use on your PC.
>
>In the end, I think it's a matter of personal preference.

I have one of the Humax. I *love* it but have to figure out how to get
it to play my mp3's from my home network (it was pretty easy connecting
it to my home network but it looked like I was going to have to
recompile apache to get it working and I couldn't risk apache at the
time). also if I could move a Tivo file to a hard drive on my net work
then back onto my tivo box whenever I was ready I would be in 7th
heaven. It seems like that should be possible. I'm worrired about
breaking the warrenty though so I'm thinking of picking up one of the
$50.00 tivo boxes and hacking on that.