I paid $160.00.......

Micah DesJardins micahdj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:40:59 MST 2005

Honestly you could probably get LVM working from a software
standpoint, but you would run into problems in terms of controllers
and power supply.

As far as firewire inputs, the latest (Humax Series) Tivos include
firewire inputs and a built in DVD recorder for archival.  There is an
HD version but it's for Direct TV only at this point.

There are all kinds of great hacks out there for increasing storage,
adding ethernet support, web based control, logs, extracting Tivo
video for use on your PC.

In the end, I think it's a matter of personal preference.