I paid $160.00.......

slegge at govliquidation.com slegge at govliquidation.com
Tue Nov 15 12:48:18 MST 2005

Find me a TiVo w/ firewire inputs and does HD with capabilities for LVM...
I am running older hardware with a bunch of old slow ide disks w/ LVM
rather than the $300 for one sata + cost of enclosure + monthly recurring
cost for cox or tivo for me its the only viable solution.

The cox DVR is limited to the one sata disk u can plug in it :(

-Scott

Kurt Granroth <plug-discuss at granroth.org>
Sent by: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11/15/2005 12:20 PM
Please respond to
Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>

Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
cc

Subject
Re: I paid $160.00.......

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 12:02 pm, Josh Coffman wrote:
> Hmm...  my wife just mentioned she might want to get Tivo. I thought to
> myself  myth would be cool since we don't have digital, but the hardware
>  cost....
>   $160 + better video card + tv tuner + second hard drive would make a
>  nice MythTV box for what.. about $350? install in KnoppMyth and you're
>  done.

TiVo hardware cost?  You can get a TiVo for $50 now.  The true cost is in
the
monthly payments, not in the hardware.

Also, I've heard that these $160 boxes are quite loud.  If you want to use
it
as an entertainment system, you might want to consider getting a new power

supply and maybe new fans and/or heat sinks.