I paid $160.00.......

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:12:24 MST 2005

On 11/16/05, Carl Parrish <lists at pcl-consulting.com> wrote:
>snip<
. also if I could move a Tivo file to a hard drive on my net work
> then back onto my tivo box whenever I was ready I would be in 7th
> heaven. It seems like that should be possible. I'm worrired about
> breaking the warrenty though so I'm thinking of picking up one of the
> $50.00 tivo boxes and hacking on that.

//////

I've done alot of reading on this subjec, although not specifically on
the humax tivo.
That's the next step I'll be taking on mine, getting it on the network
via wireless dongle and making the video unencrypted to drag across
the network onto a disk array.
The web interface alone will be nice though, if for no other reason
than to surf the listings through my laptop instead of that horrid
television interface. (sloooowwww on the DirecTV model)

Just a word of advice, if you can just buy one off of EBay or
something.  If you buy from BestBuy or somewhere for the discounted
price, your almost guaranteed to be required to sign a 1 year contract
or some other quack deal.  I bought mine on EBay for $100 in it's
original packaging, then proceeded to slap a 120Gb drive in. (with the
help of an aftermarket PTVupgrade InstantCake CD)

--
To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -