web building software

Alexander Henry alexanderhenry at cox.net
Fri Nov 4 12:17:27 MST 2005

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:40:04 -0700, Bill <wrpr at cox.net> wrote:

> Before I commit to changing my OS can somebody tell me if there is Linux
> software similar to FrontPage for the development and management of a
> website?

nvu will be more like Front Page, in that you can sculpt individual pages
to have any look you want.  You totally and completely author each page,
and templates which you make yourself.

With Mambo, Joomla, or Drupal, (do not touch Post-Nuke or any other Nuke)
you have a full web applications package.  Calendars, news, news feeds,
mail list subscriptions, forums, blog-like stuff, file downloads, files
are cataloged by category, website is searchable, etc.  You have much less
control over the look of the page, you may only download templates from
websites and install them, then maybe put up a logo and some
advertisements, but you have your super-sweet tools, and they're usable in
minutes.

--
Alexander
http://ahtechllc.com/