Remote audio monitoring

Daniel P. Stasinski mooooooo at avenues.org
Wed Jul 27 16:11:21 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:39 -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Not exactly an open source project, but here is a single device that
> will stream live audio/video directly to a web browser.  It also uses
> motion detection (probably pixel shift detection) to send you clips of
> action via email.  My colleague is using it to monitor his house
> remotely.  Seems to work very well.  I was impressed with the video
> resolution and the motion detection alerts via email.

Cool.  I've had video security for a couple years -- good enough to get
a few maintenance men and contractors fired for doing bad things in my
apartment -- but I never got around to adding audio to it.

I think what I may end up doing is building a simple audio client/server
based on libspeex.

Thanks :)

Daniel