launch a command in another user's session

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 21 14:48:13 MST 2005

Am 21. Dec, 2005 schwätzte Josh Coffman so:

> Is there a way to run a command in another user's
> session?
> Sometimes I remote my home machine while my kids or
> wife are playing on it... just thought it would be fun
> to mess with them.

See the man page for xauth.

You might need to set XAUTHORITY in order to talk to their desktop
session.

xeyes is a simple, mostly harmless thing to pop up.

Don't be surprised if they get really, really annoyed.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  I've got a photographic memory,
#  but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans