Help configuring mozilla-mail

Bart Garst bartgarst at cox.net
Fri Aug 19 17:38:30 MST 2005

Alex Dean wrote:
> Whew, I just went through something similar.  (Getting Exim4 to deliver
> mail to local users.)  I did get it running, but I can't honestly
> remember what all the options were that I needed to change.  I'll try to
> get back in there and see what I can pull together.  I'm trying to get
> Mailman working with exim4 anyway, so I'll probably be cursing it all
> weekend.

My project is to have a script (run via cron) mail it's results to a
local account. From there I want mozilla to automatically check that
account ever so often.

> I just kept running 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' and trying different
> values.  I think you'll also need a POP server, like courier-pop, to get
> the mail from Mozilla to exim.

I only want to receive local mail with mozilla.

> I'm pretty sure the Mozilla 'local folders' mean 'local to Mozilla', not
> 'local on this machine'.

I did a `ln -s /var/spool/mail/bart Local` in
  "~/.mozilla/Bart/0bp4zdqv.slt/Mail/Local Folders" and could see the
messages. I could delete them, or have mozilla automatically check for
new messages though.

Bart