Help configuring mozilla-mail

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Fri Aug 19 17:29:15 MST 2005

Whew, I just went through something similar.  (Getting Exim4 to deliver
mail to local users.)  I did get it running, but I can't honestly
remember what all the options were that I needed to change.  I'll try to
get back in there and see what I can pull together.  I'm trying to get
Mailman working with exim4 anyway, so I'll probably be cursing it all
weekend.

I just kept running 'dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' and trying different
values.  I think you'll also need a POP server, like courier-pop, to get
the mail from Mozilla to exim.

I'm pretty sure the Mozilla 'local folders' mean 'local to Mozilla', not
'local on this machine'.  You can set up mail accounts in Mozilla to put
their mail in these local folders rather than the account's inbox, but I
think that's about it.

alex