File Sharing

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Aug 7 05:58:55 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 01:47 -0700, Glitch wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   I could really use some help with some networking stuff. I have a
> couple of Linux computers on a network together but don't know how to
> make them see each other. What I need is the equal to drive mapping in
> windows. I think that I might be able to do this through NFS but I am
> not even sure how. So please any input on the issue would be great. I
> am trying to connect two PC's running Suse 9.3. Both computers have
> routable IP addresses and I cannot through SSH and FTP without issue
> just need something more like network file access.

-----
SuSE may have some 'how-to' on NFS and networking issues.

You probably have to consider firewall can block stuff so if you have
these computers on the same network, try to make this work with the
firewall settings off on the computers at first.

Now for the 'how-tos' - always check tldp.org (the linux documentation
project)

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html/

see the 'networking' and 'NFS' how-tos

Craig