File Sharing

Mark Jarvis mark.jarvis at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Sun Aug 7 21:37:30 MST 2005

*nix file sharing (aka NFS) works best and easiest between machines that
are NOT running individual firewalls. In that case they MUST have a
really good firewall machine sitting between them and the net.

AAMOF, if someone knows of a simple tutorial on how to configure a Linux
box's firewall to allow NFS traffic but block just about everything
else, I'd REALLY like a pointer to it. The only times I've gotten NFS to
work, it was on boxen with firewalls off. In that case, it's dirt
simple--but you gotta be behind a really tight firewall box.

-mj-