Moving to Gigabit Ethernet

Frank Davenport fhdavenport at cox.net
Wed Aug 3 20:50:06 MST 2005

I agree.  The termination of the wiring is more important.  No kinks in the runs, and the twists are to be maintained on both ends. 1/2 inch untwist is the max.

The jacket cover also is to be maintained as close to both ends as possible.

The objective is to alleviate NEXT, (Near End Cross Talk).

Frank