Mozilla Text Resolution

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
27 May 2003 23:02:11 -0700

--=-Qcy6W9zJ+y819M7DQOVC

I would recommend two things:

1) Upgrade your distribution to something with anti-aliasing, it helps
more than you'd think.  Both RedHat 8 and RedHat 9 have anti-aliasing.

2) Get some better fonts.  There are two routes to go with this.=20
Microsoft has released some 'web-fonts' that are pretty nice, but the
license is not bad, but not perfect.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/noarch/noarch/webfonts-1-3.noarch.html

A more 'open' (and thus I believe it is better) approach is to use the
fonts that have been donated recently by bitstream.  I don't know of any
distribution has them in it yet.  Here's the link:

http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

		Have fun,
			Ted

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 22:08, Stephen Andert wrote:
> Hi there,
>=20
> I've gotten half of my home network moved to Linux.  This means that we a=
re=20
> using webmail interface for some of our e-mail accounts.  Text resolution=
 in=20
> things like Mozilla and Netscape is pretty bad.  I've tried different scr=
een=20
> resolutions and that makes it a bit better, but there must be some fonts=20
> that I could load or configure differently to make things more legible.  =
Can=20