Bitstream Fonts was Re: Mozilla Text Resolution

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
28 May 2003 06:50:01 -0700

--=-fU+vKK7OMbE3SWf7pz7D

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 23:02, Ted Gould wrote:
> I would recommend two things:
>=20
> 1) Upgrade your distribution to something with anti-aliasing, it helps
> more than you'd think.  Both RedHat 8 and RedHat 9 have anti-aliasing.
>=20
> 2) Get some better fonts.  There are two routes to go with this.=20
> Microsoft has released some 'web-fonts' that are pretty nice, but the
> license is not bad, but not perfect.
>=20
> http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib/noarch/noarch/webfonts-1-3.noarch.ht=
ml
>=20
> A more 'open' (and thus I believe it is better) approach is to use the
> fonts that have been donated recently by bitstream.  I don't know of any
> distribution has them in it yet.  Here's the link:
>=20
> http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

I believe Debian has them.

ttf-bitstream-vera - The Bitstream Vera family of free TrueType fonts

apt-get install ttf-bitstream-vera

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise