sh Script to telnet

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 10:50:39 -0500

"der.hans" wrote:
> =

> Am 07. Mar, 2003 schw=E4tzte Austin Godber so:
> =

> > > It would be good to get sshd running on the HP box if possible.
> > And if people are reluctant to install SSH I have found that telling
> > your boss what his password is provides a good incentive.  Granted th=
at
> > was acceptible in my environment, I can imagine it would get you fire=
> > in others perhaps.
> =

> http://www.lightlink.com/fors/
> =

> Randal recently posted that to a thread about the dumbest thing done at=

> work. In most environments you shouldn't run sniffers or try to crack
> anything unless it's specifically part of your job description.
> =

> ciao,
> =

> der.hans
> --

Using Solaris "snoop" or any packet analyzers is specifically prohibited
at a certain company I know of in the Valley, and will get you fired. =

So is telnetting to a port other than 23, even though this is a
wonderful troubleshooting tool.

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!