I have no application form and I must rant

JD Austin IV plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:39:41 -0700

Michelle Lowman wrote:

>I know this topic came up at the county meeting, but I'm having a
>problem with proprietary document formats being used by MCCCD. They have
>several faculty positions listed, and I would like to apply for them,
>but the application on the website is in .doc format, and it is
>thoroughly macro-ridden, so I can't open it in either OpenOffice or
>Abiword without it being mangled.
>
>I asked Employee Services if they could email me an .html or .rtf
>version, and they say it goes against policy to email applications (even
>blank ones -- go figure.)
>
>Three of these positions close tomorrow, which means I can't apply for
>them because I can't get the form by then. They do have an online
>application form, but if I remember right (I haven't looked at it in a
>while) that thing is a nightmare. It looks like I'll have to just try to
>do it that way, and I'll have to apply for the other positions next week
>between classes on one of the MS machines at PC. Dammit.
>
>OK, rant over. Any other thoughts on this?
>
>-Michelle

I work in the district office (not in HR) wheres the document, I'll open
it in word and convert it for you and send you a version you can use in
Star office (RTF) . Windoze people are so clueless that they won't even
notice when you send back an RTF doc since it is associated with Word
for them :)

JD