I have no application form and I must rant

Michelle Lowman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
30 Jan 2003 15:06:31 -0700

--=-S47j0WV4pEwpGzq7yIBj

I know this topic came up at the county meeting, but I'm having a
problem with proprietary document formats being used by MCCCD. They have
several faculty positions listed, and I would like to apply for them,
but the application on the website is in .doc format, and it is
thoroughly macro-ridden, so I can't open it in either OpenOffice or
Abiword without it being mangled.

I asked Employee Services if they could email me an .html or .rtf
version, and they say it goes against policy to email applications (even
blank ones -- go figure.)

Three of these positions close tomorrow, which means I can't apply for
them because I can't get the form by then. They do have an online
application form, but if I remember right (I haven't looked at it in a
while) that thing is a nightmare. It looks like I'll have to just try to
do it that way, and I'll have to apply for the other positions next week
between classes on one of the MS machines at PC. Dammit.=20

OK, rant over. Any other thoughts on this?

-Michelle

--=20
Kids, study your math. Key to the universe.
	--Christopher Walken (as Gabriel in The Prophecy)

--=-S47j0WV4pEwpGzq7yIBj

--=-S47j0WV4pEwpGzq7yIBj--