the best laptop for linux

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:33:02 -0500

My Sony's pretty good, and the one I have would fit into your price range,
just barely.  (Don't know if the prices have changed.)  Compaq seems to be
troublesome; I had a terrible time trying to install on one due to the IDE
chipset.  Several people I know recommend Dell.

Vaughn Treude
Nakota Software, Inc.