the best laptop for linux

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
28 Jan 2003 08:15:10 -0700

--=-/0GsWgc7oC754REVVBK6

I'm really happy with my Dell Latitude XP 4100CX.  Sure, it may not have
a built-in NIC or a sound card or a cdrom drive.  It's only a 486 with
12Mb RAM and a 12in LCD but that's pretty good for a 7 year old laptop.=20
Best of all, mine certainly would fit in to your price range, $90CDN a
year ago, and it has worked great.  In short, Dells are, or were, very
good.

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 04:33, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> My Sony's pretty good, and the one I have would fit into your price range=
,=20
> just barely.  (Don't know if the prices have changed.)  Compaq seems to b=
e=20
> troublesome; I had a terrible time trying to install on one due to the ID=
E=20