Open Source CD

Nathan England plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 01:10:43 -0700

I've handed out over 100 knoppix cds in payson by myself...
I know of one person who had it already.

Now I'm focusing on Open Office 1.0.2 and Mozilla 1.2.1

nathan

Am Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2003 23:48 schrieb der.hans:
> Am 21. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Nathan England so:
> > What happened to the Open Source CD we were discussing a couple months
> > ago? I'm taking classes at Pima Community and I woud really like to hand
> > out some of the Open Office discs, along with other stuff.
>
> It got dropped here. I'd like to see PLUG put forth a team of a few people
> to help with some particular aspect.
>
> For instance, I've heard complaints that the Mozilla on the CD is ancient.
> It's 1.0 according to the site. I see 1.2.1 according to the Mozilla
> website, so, yeah, it appears GNUwinII is a little out of date.
>
> The PLUG group could adopt Mozilla to keep the current version ready for
> the CD. Having someone on the Mozilla team in PLUG would help :).
>
> Maybe we could adopt GNUe and get it on the CD.
>
> 1 person could make a difference, but 2 or 3 people working as a team cou=
ld
> not only make a huge difference, but also show that PLUG is active in the
> community.
>
> Don't forget copies of Knoppix.
>
> > Did that project ever make it to iso somewhere?
> > Or did we stop with the Gnu <something> II cd ?
>
> GNUwinII, www.GNUwin.org
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

=2D --=20
Nathan England

Arcanum Linux !
nathan at the-arcanum.org
jabber id: linuxjunkie@jabber.earth.li

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular."
=2D --Adlai Stevenson

Registered Linux User #189789, Machine #106603
www.sincerechoice.org

Spam related material will be forwarded to:
uce@ftc.gov