Open Source CD

Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:48:03 -0700 (MST)

Am 21. Jan, 2003 schw=E4tzte Nathan England so:

> What happened to the Open Source CD we were discussing a couple months ag=
o?
> I'm taking classes at Pima Community and I woud really like to hand out s=
ome
> of the Open Office discs, along with other stuff.

It got dropped here. I'd like to see PLUG put forth a team of a few people
to help with some particular aspect.

For instance, I've heard complaints that the Mozilla on the CD is ancient.
It's 1.0 according to the site. I see 1.2.1 according to the Mozilla
website, so, yeah, it appears GNUwinII is a little out of date.

The PLUG group could adopt Mozilla to keep the current version ready for th=
CD. Having someone on the Mozilla team in PLUG would help :).

Maybe we could adopt GNUe and get it on the CD.

1 person could make a difference, but 2 or 3 people working as a team could
not only make a huge difference, but also show that PLUG is active in the
community.

Don't forget copies of Knoppix.

> Did that project ever make it to iso somewhere?
> Or did we stop with the Gnu <something> II cd ?

GNUwinII, www.GNUwin.org

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans