Boot Problems

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
20 Jan 2003 12:22:47 -0700

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 12:05, David Demland wrote:
> I for got to include that right now I am getting a kernel panic.
>
> VFS: Cannot open root device "303" or 03:03
>
> David

you're obviously gonna have to use the rescue disk again...pay attention
to which partition the / is on (/dev/hda?)

edit /etc/lilo.conf to reflect that (been a while since I used lilo)

then run lilo again...make sure that when you run lilo, you specify
verbose so if it fails to verify something like the location of the root
volume...you don't have to reboot to find out.

e.g.
lilo -v

Craig