Boot Problems

David Demland plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:32:13 -0700

Craig,

Thank you for your help. The lilo.conf file was set with the right boot and
I ran lilo with the -v and now the system boots from the hard drive. I have
no idea why the -v would make the difference but it must have. This system
is my internal router and it does not seem to be routing. So I ran
iptables -L to see if the iptables were setup right. This is the output I
get:

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.0.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.1.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
INETIN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.0.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.0.0/24
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.1.0/24       anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.1.0/24

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
INETOUT    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain DMZIN (0 references)

Chain DMZOUT (0 references)

Chain INETIN (1 references)
TREJECT    all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state INVALID
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp
echo-request limit: avg 1/sec burst 5
TREJECT    icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp
echo-request
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp
!echo-request
TCPACCEPT  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ssh
UDPACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:bootpc
UDPACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:6112
UDPACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:6119
UDPACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:4000
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
ESTABLISHED
TCPACCEPT  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpts:1024:65535 state RELATED
UDPACCEPT  udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp
dpts:1024:65535 state RELATED
TREJECT    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain INETOUT (1 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain LDROP (0 references)
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `TCP Dropped '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `UDP Dropped '
LOG        icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `ICMP Dropped '
LOG        all  -f  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level warning prefix `FRAGMENT Dropped '
DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain LREJECT (0 references)
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `TCP Rejected '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `UDP Rejected '
LOG        icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `ICMP Dropped '
LOG        all  -f  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level warning prefix `FRAGMENT Rejected '
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain LTREJECT (0 references)
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `TCP Rejected '
LOG        udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `UDP Rejected '
LOG        icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level info prefix `ICMP Dropped '
LOG        all  -f  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level warning prefix `FRAGMENT Rejected '
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
tcp-reset
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable
DROP       icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain TCPACCEPT (2 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN limit: avg 20/sec burst 5
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN limit: avg 2/sec burst 5 LOG level warning prefix
`Possible SynFlood '
TREJECT    tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
flags:!SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level warning prefix `Mismatch in TCPACCEPT '
TREJECT    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain TREJECT (6 references)
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
tcp-reset
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable
DROP       icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with
icmp-port-unreachable

Chain UDPACCEPT (5 references)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           limit: avg 2/sec
burst 5 LOG level warning prefix `Mismatch on UDPACCEPT '
TREJECT    all  --  anywhere             anywhere

There seems to be many errors in this output. What would cause these errors
and how do I fix them?

David