Boot Problems

David Demland plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:05:41 -0700

I for got to include that right now I am getting a kernel panic.

VFS: Cannot open root device "303" or 03:03

David

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of David
Demland
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:56 AM
To: Plug-Discuss
Subject: Boot Problems

I did an apt-get upgrade and got some update code. As part of this update I
got a new iptables package. After rebooting the iptables complained about
needing an update kerenel. So I got the new 2.4.18-k6 kernel and installed
it. During the reboot I remembered that I did not run LILO. The system did
not boot of course. So I tried to boot the old OS and it would not boot
either. I have since used a rescue disk and I can boot and mount the root
drive and I have ran LILO as well as to check some other things out. The
system still will not boot from the hard drive. Any ideas?

David