RedHat 8.0 & MySQL issues??? (was RE: Troubleshooting X)

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
20 Jan 2003 12:06:03 -0700

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 11:47, David A. Sinck wrote:

> \_ your avoid the *.0 release rule is too vague to be considered. Yes, I
> \_ would restrain myself from throwing it on a production server. But for
> \_ my own desktop...why the hell not?
>
> FWIW, I don't remember rh7.0 going down smooth in the group either.

----
I guess I'm one of the few who liked it. But I was fairly green at the
time. Because of Redhat's intention not to make major changes within a
particular series... 7.x etc., their 7.0 version was rather interesting
because it was a 2.2 kernel and the rest of the 7.x releases were all
2.4 kernel. They had geared 7.0 all along to be 2.4 kernel so it had to
be difficult setting things up while waiting for the 2.4 kernel to go
stable.

Craig